Rocky Point Activities
When you’re tired of lounging on your private terrace, sipping an icy margarita and gazing into the blue surf of the Sea of Cortez, you’ll find plenty of fun activities in Puerto Penasco for all ages and for any occasion.
Things We Love in Rocky Point
- Pollo Lucas chicken on on our first night in town
- A glass of wine and a game of cards on the condo balcony
- Sunsets at The Lighthouse
- Morning walks on the beach – Max’s for breakfast
- Sunset cruise to see the dolphins with Del Mar Charters
- Afternoon cocktails at BooBar or Tekila in Old Port
- A night of live music at Wrecked at the Reef
- Late night carne tacos anywhere along Calle 13
- Massage and pedicure at La Spa at the Sonoran Spa
- A drive around Cholla Bay with a stop at JJ’s Cantina
- Quad rentals and a ride in the dunes
- Romantic dinner at Emilianos at the Sonoran Sun
- Fishing charter with Santiago’s Ocean Services
- Ice cream cones at Thrifty
Things to Do in Rocky Point
Spend a day on the beach
- Stroll or jog for miles in either direction from your condo
- Hunt for sea glass
- Discover sea life in the shallows – crabs and octopus
- Build a sand castle with the kids
- Pop up your canopy, set up a couple chairs and relax
- Sit under a palapa and read a book
- Go for a swim in the warm Sea of Cortez
- Rent a kayak, banana boat or jet ski right on the beach
- Walk up Sandy Beach to lively, local Playa Bonita Beach
- Hit the beach bars – Wrecked at the Reef is our fav
- Haggle with the beach vendors
- Ride horses in the surf at sunset
explore the old port (malecon)
The Old Port Fish Market in the harbor town of Puerto Penasco is a 15 minute drive southeast of your condo and a great place to spend the day or evening. Street parking is free and there is a large lot on the north end. The Old Port is full of bars and restaurants overlooking the water, taco stands, fresh fish vendors, ice cream shops, juice kiosks and lots of souvenir shops. Have an oceanside seafood lunch or dinner, listen to the mariachi bands, then join the party at one of the many bars or find the live music at night. Walk up the hill away from the port to find furniture shops, a church, more ice cream, restaurants and a small grocery store.
eat like a local
Puerto Penasco is famous for fresh seafood, Mexican food and amazing street tacos, but you don’t have to look far to find great pizza, prime rib, Italian and even German food.
A Few of Our Favorite Rocky Point Restaurants
- Pollo Lucas – amazing rotisserie chicken
- Kaffee Haus – save room for the apple strudel
- La Curva – authentic, affordable Mexican food, fun
- Al Capone’s – order a pizza
- BooBar or Tekila – great guac, shrimp and burgers
- Mary’s – scallop tacos or a shrimp and seafood platter
- Any popular sidewalk taco joint – they’re all good
Shop Sonoran Style
Find Sombreros, Mexican blankets, handmade crafts, glassware, Talavera pottery, art, clothing, ironworks, pewter, shells, fresh shrimp, vanilla and more.
Where to Shop in Rocky Point
- Sandy or Playa Bonita Beach – negotiate with the vendors
- The Old Port – go deep to see everything
- Cholla Mall – aka Shacks 5th – best bargain shopping
- Super Ley on Constitucion – a huge grocery store
- The Shrimp Market on The Malecon – bring your cooler
what our clients have to say
I looooove this resort! Their staff is always maintaining the common areas. Pools are fantastic, you are steps to the beach. There's a swim up bar with really good carne asada tacos and the friendliest staff! Yesenia and Osvaldo are a blast! This place let's you bring your own alcohol! Whaaaaaa?! This is my place of choice and it will continue to be.
Stayed here for three nights and I loved it. Everything is close by and the place is very clean. Would definitely stay here again.
Peaceful, quiet, beautiful views, washer drier for clothes, walk to the beach. Massages on the sand right next to the tide. Prices are great especially if you split the villas with a group.